Aims and Objectives
- To provide a rich, stimulating and caring environment in which the child feels happy, safe, secure and confident.
- To help all children to be happy, confident and enthusiastic learners.
- To encourage creative, enquiring minds.
- To enable each child to reach their full potential by fostering self esteem and a sense of achievement.
- To encourage the development of skills and attitudes to promote lifelong learning.
- To provide high quality teaching and learning experiences to enable all children to achieve highest possible standards in all areas of the curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated and also meets the needs of all children with special educational needs.
- To continuously review and monitor our practice to raise standards.
- To respect and care for the school environment and local community.
- To ensure equal opportunities for all pupils.
- To foster an awareness of acceptable standards of work, attitude and behaviour, both in and out of school.
- To ensure that discrimination on any ground is not tolerated.
- To foster good relationships between the home and school, welcoming parents into the school and encourage them to work in partnership and harmony with the staff.
- To always be reflective and evaluative for constant improvement.
What we are proud of
- The supportive and caring ethos within the school, particularly in meeting the social, emotional and behavioural needs of pupils and their families
- The close working relationships with multi-agencies
- The high quality relationships between adults and pupils and pupils themselves
- The motivation and engagement of all pupils in their learning
- High teacher expectations and good subject knowledge
- Planning that meets the needs and abilities of the different groups of pupils within the classes so that accelerated progress is achieved
- The role played by senior leaders in using available data to monitor pupil progress, identifying pupils in need of additional support and putting in place appropriate intervention strategies/programmes
- A strong, supportive and working relationship within the KLLOWS cluster in leadership, teaching and learning and in school business management
- The fresh and stimulating classroom learning environments and the extensive school grounds